Monday, March 1, 2010

First Creek


First Creek is a favorite hike of mine. The first two images are of a hidden waterfall and pool off of the trail. The first image is a close-up of the waterfall which really shows off the red, green, and purples of the moss and ferns. The second image called Secluded Waterfall and Pool was taken with my 18mm wide angle lens and really shows off the beauty of this hidden area. The final image, called First Creek Cascade and Grasses, was taken about another half mile up the trail from the waterfall. I took this image with my 18-35mm lens at 18mm and a Circular Polarizer Filter to cut down the glare on the rocks. This has become one of my favorites.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite Red Rock hike of all! We need to plant a new letterbox there. Ours is missing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! My family and I are going on Friday. Thanks for the inspiration :)
    Kim McLaughlin

    ReplyDelete